For over 50 years, the members of the Blackhawk Railway Historical Society have had an interest and appreciation of railroad history and are actively involved in its study and preservation. Today's well-chronicled events are the historical record for tomorrow, therefore, we are also actively engaged in documenting today's railroading as well.
Our next scheduled event...
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 2 - Monthly Meeting in Lockport, Illinois
- Our monthly meeting at the Gladys Fox Museum in Lockport, Illinois
- The building opens at 7 PM and meeting runs from 7:30 to no later than 10 PM.
- Our program will be our annual "What I Did This Summer" show, following these guidelines...
- No more than 10 minutes per presenter
- Although all are invited, Blackhawk members will get to go first, and non-members will be added as time is available
- We will sign up and schedule presenters before the meeting begins
- We will have a laptop with a USB port and a 35mm slide projector
- Blackhawk is following local orders and mandates for masking and related COVID-19 protocols. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
Recent website updates...
Follow Blackhawk on social media...
Come follow us on our Facebook page...
...and check out our NEW YouTube channel!
OCTOBER is Chicago Railroad History Month
Blackhawk is leading the effort in 2023 to celebrate to 175th anniversary of the railroad coming to Chicago by creating a year-long celebration of public events and exhibitions that will commemorate that history and the future of railroading in Chicago. Support the cause with your purchase of this exclusive poster from renowned artist Mitch Markovitz.