For over 50 years, the members of the Blackhawk Railway Historical Society have had an interest and appreciation of railroad history and are actively involved in its study and preservation. Today's well-chronicled events are the historical record for tomorrow, therefore, we are also actively engaged in documenting today's railroading as well.
OUR NEXT SCHEDULED EVENTS...
Blackhawk is following local orders and mandates for masking and related COVID-19 protocols. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2023 - 7:30 PM AT THE GLADYS FOX MUSEUM IN LOCKPORT, IL
- Our regular monthly meeting
- Program is a look at the Santa Fe's Chillicothe Subdivision in the final months before the BNSF merger
- Refreshments provided
- The building opens at 7 PM and meeting runs from 7:30 to no later than 10 PM
BLACKHWAWK PROUDLY SUPPORTS...
Blackhawk is leading the effort in 2023 to celebrate to 175th anniversary of the railroad coming to Chicago by encouraging celebrations of public events and exhibitions that will commemorate that history and the future of railroading in Chicago. Support the cause with your purchase of this exclusive poster from renowned artist Mitch Markovitz.
Recent website updates
Blackhawk is looking for existing or new members interested in...
- Program Director -- schedules programs for our monthly meetings in Lockport, IL and our swap meets in Griffith, IN
- Newsletter Editor -- assembles articles and news items for our bi-monthly newsletter, The Spike & Tie
Follow Blackhawk on social media
Come follow us on our Facebook page...
...and check out our NEW YouTube channel!